If you’re paying for traffic, and you’re not 100% certain your landing pages are performing, read this page.
“They helped us focus on a few precise tweaks that raised our conversion 700% in four months.
– Dylan Bourguignon, Founder & CEO, so-sure
Learn to cut your bounce rate, even if you have almost no traffic or budget.
Master the most important job in marketing.
Conversion is the quickest way to move the needle for most companies. Yet so few do it well.
You’ll learn to:
- Isolate and fix “conversion killers” fast
- Find simple design & UX changes that have a big impact
- Use benchmarks to find out how you stack up
- Cut your bounce rate to boost acquisition and lower CPAs
- Use psychology to make offers seem irresistible
- Move fast, without waiting for A/B tests to marinade
What’s a “Good’ Conversion Rate?
A “free” offering (e.g. free trial, e-book, demo), bare minimum conversion is 10%, and ideally above 20%. For a paid product, bare minimum is 2%, but ideally 4% or better. (I’ve gotten 46% to free and 19% to paid).
What if you’re below that level?
Most people just guess. They start randomly tweaking things (e.g. price, headline, image) to “see what happens.” Then they buy more traffic and watch it for a couple of weeks. Problem: That’s expensive, slow, and usually does not work.
Is There a Better Way?
We’ve had great results with private clients* following this simple process:
1. Isolate the Problem:Rather than guess… We’ve found 8 major “conversion killers” and we use process of elimination to isolate and test each one quickly in a low-traffic environment. (e.g. design, page load time, readability, comprehension, message, traffic quality).
2. Fix it and re-test:We test fast without waiting for a full A/B test. We call them “minimum viable tests.”
That’s really it! Super easy. Normally we only do this with private clients, but here, we’ll teach you via a short online course. Step by step instructions.
What Tools & Skills Do You Need?
This is surprisingly simple, results possible in less than a week.
- No fancy software subscriptions.
- No specialised tech or marketing knowledge.
- Works with any platform (WordPress, Wix, Shopify, Squarespace, etc.)
- Even if you have almost no traffic.
- Or budget.
This Course Includes
- 2 hours of on-demand video with step-by-step exercises
- Examples (and before/after screenshots) of ideas that have worked for top startups.
- Full life-time access, mobile and desktop
- Online Q&A with instructors and other students
About Your Instructor
20 Years as a Marketer and VC: Matt Lerner developed and led the 500 Startups “Distro Dojo” growth program in Europe, which helped 35 startups achieve average annual growth of 250% year-on-year, and had a founder “likely to recommend” score of 96%.
He then launched Startup Core Strengths to offer that “dojo mojo” to startups across Europe.
Before joining 500 Startups, he spent 15 years building and running growth teams in the US at PayPal, and three much less famous silicon-valley startups. Matt lectures on startup marketing at Imperial College and Stanford Business School.
“I’m easily 4x better at my job now than I was 6 weeks ago.”
– Mark Tenhagen, Head of Growth, HonestBrew
“It’s what business schools should teach you.”
-Luc Dudler, Founder & CEO, JobPal
“For me, the program was like a second Oxford education.”
-Omid Pakseresht, Head of Marketing, Tramonex
Please understand our results are not typical. We’re not implying you’ll duplicate them!
We have years of experience building, backing, supporting, growing and running tech startups. The average person who reads a “tips and tricks” article every morning to make themselves feel clever, and then goes back to being reactive and following old habits, that person will get little or no result from this material.
Your results can and will vary and depend on many factors… including but not limited to your own talent and ability, level of effort and focus, and of course a bit of luck!
All business entails risk as well as massive and consistent effort and action. If you’re not willing to accept that, please do not register for this course. But if you are comfortable with the risks, and ready to take action, by all means, please register!
Growth, in business and in our lives, comes from perseverance: following a process of experimentation and learning. But a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. And this is a great first step!