The Ultimate Startup Marketing Leadership Course
As a founder, you don’t need to be a marketing expert. But you do need to know enough to hire the right people, choose the right goals, and ask the right questions. Marketing is expensive, and for most companies, it’s make-or-break. So it’s essential you understand the key decisions.
In this brief course, you will learn to:
- Hire world-class marketers, set them up for success
- Cultivate a growth mindset throughout your team
- Build a metrics-driven culture, driven by ROI
- Find your “north star metric” to align and focus everyone
- Ask the right questions to evaluate marketing investment decisions
- Avoid the expensive mistakes that kill most startups
who should attend?
This course is for Startup Founders who are not marketing experts, but need to hire great marketers and create an environment where they can succeed. We will not go into detail about each tactic. Instead we’ll review tactics at a high-level, and focus on the foundations such as hiring and managing teams, selecting KPIs, rapid experimentation and deciding where to focus.
This Course Includes:
- 30 video micro-lessons (approx 5 hours total content)
- Dozens of examples from best startups including Uber, LinkedIn, Facebook, PayPal
- Simple exercises to apply each lesson to your business
- Tools and worksheets including a KPI Dashboard, growth experiment backlog and interview questions
- An online forum where instructors and other leaders can answer your questions
WHO should not ATTEND?
- If marketing is your full-time job, then take the “for marketers” version of this course, which goes into a lot more depth to apply each of these lessons.
- If you just want to learn tactics like SEO or Facebook ads, check out Udemy.
- If you are desperate for “quick wins” and instant results, this course will not double your business in six weeks, or guarantee any business results for that matter.
- If you are “too busy” to worry about marketing, or think growing the business is not your job as founder, don’t waste your money on this course. (It doesn’t need to take a ton of time, but it requires your commitment and leadership).
- If you want to sound clever with the latest buzzwords and theories… We will call out the research behind our recommendations, but not spend much time on them, other than recommending a book here or there if you want to learn more.
Find the exact words that will cut through: Get attention, win trust and move people to action.
Metrics / KPIs
You get what you measure. How to measure the right stuff.
Finding the 10% of your work that will drive 90% of your results
The fastest way to speed growth and lower CPAs
Break your addiction to paid traffic, add scalable organic sources
How VCs think about retention
Keep your team focused on the right work, experimenting & learning fast
Learn 10X faster with rapid experimentation
Hire World-Class Marketers, Cultivate a Growth Mindset
About Your Instructor
I spent most of my career building and running marketing teams in Silicon Valley, at PayPal and some less famous startups. After moving to London, I developed and led 500 Startups “Distro Dojo” growth accelerator, which helped 35 startups achieve average YoY growth of 250%.
After watching hundreds of European startups waste investors’ money on bad marketing hires and expensive non-scalable tactics, I founded Startup Core Strengths to help startups learn the foundational mindset and habits to drive sustainable growth. Through e-books, guides, workshops, online learning and occasionally direct coaching, startup founders and marketers can move beyond tactics and learn to build these “core strengths.”
I occasionally lecture on Startup Marketing at Imperial College and Stanford Business School.
“I have had the privilege of working with Matt as our first investor @StoreMaven. He is one of the brightest investors I ever worked with and has the sharpest eye I’ve seen for Online Marketing.”
– Gad Maor, Founder & CEO, Storemaven
“It’s what business schools should teach you.”
-Luc Dudler, Founder & CEO, JobPal
“For me, the program was like a second Oxford education.”
-Omid Pakseresht, Head of Marketing, Tramonex
Please understand our results are not typical. We’re not implying you’ll duplicate them!
We have years of experience building, backing, supporting, growing and running tech startups. The average person who reads a “tips and tricks” article every morning to make themselves feel clever, and then goes back to being reactive and following old habits, that person will get little or no result from this material.
Your results can and will vary and depend on many factors… including but not limited to your own talent and ability, level of effort and focus, and of course a bit of luck!
All business entails risk as well as massive and consistent effort and action. If you’re not willing to accept that, please do not register for this course. But if you are comfortable with the risks, and ready to take action, by all means, please register!
Growth, in business and in our lives, comes from perseverance: following a process of experimentation and learning. But a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. And this is a great first step!